Environmental and sustainability position statement
The Health Policy Partnership (HPP) is committed to fostering environmental sustainability through its business practices and, wherever possible, written outputs. We are a member of the SME Climate Hub, a global initiative which empowers small to medium-sized companies to take climate action. HPP actively supports the SME Climate Hub’s pledge to reduce emissions – with the aim of halving emissions by 2030 and achieving net zero by 2050.
As part of this commitment, HPP has developed an Environmental Sustainability Policy, which sets out the ways in which we are working to reduce emissions and overall environmental impact. Actions include:
Limiting direct and indirect emissions
- Reduce office energy consumption.
- Use lower-emission travel options.
- Reduce waste through using non-plastic and refillable supplies where possible.
- Encourage recycling by providing appropriate facilities.
Limiting value chain emissions
- Give preference to organisations with robust sustainability strategies or credentials.
- Use, where possible, office supplies made from sustainable, recycled and/or recyclable materials.
- Recycle or donate office supplies, furniture and technology that are no longer required by HPP.
- Aspire to promote environmental sustainability in our outputs.
- Employees are encouraged to consider environmental sustainability while working at home e.g. turning off electrical appliances when not in use, using energy-efficient heating.
Reducing digital carbon footprint
Employees are encouraged to avoid having multiple browser windows open, avoid sending unnecessary emails, and unsubscribe from mailing lists no longer in use.
HPP endeavours to make these sustainable changes and will continue to work towards a more sustainable future with our internal Environmental and Sustainability Committee. To find out more, you can contact the committee at [email protected].