What we achieved
HPP assembled an expert group of leading patient, clinical and industry representatives from across Europe to develop the Sarcoma Policy Checklist, setting out key priorities for policymakers. Six country profiles illustrate the extent to which these priorities are implemented in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
The report and accompanying infographic are available in five languages.
We launched the report in February 2017 at a European Parliament policy debate hosted by Marlene Mizzi MEP.
In 2018, the report was developed into a peer-reviewed paper published in BMC Cancer.
‘The Sarcoma Policy Checklist report has been a very useful document for me as a sarcoma expert. The team at HPP provided a highly professional coordination of all aspects of the project; they were a pleasure to work with. The fact that the report was published as a peer-reviewed publication is a true testament to the quality of the work done.’
Key partners and stakeholders
Members of the expert group include:
- Paolo Casali, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Italy
- Nora Drove, Eli Lilly & company
- Sarah Dumont, Institut Gustave Roussy, France
- Mikael Eriksson, University of Lund, Sweden
- Alessandro Gronchi, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Italy and EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma
- Bernd Kasper, University of Heidelberg, Germany
- Estelle Lecointe, Info Sarcomes, France and SPAEN
- Claudia Valverde, University Hospital Vall’ Hebron, Spain
- Markus Wartenberg, SPAEN & das Lebenshaus e.V., das Wissenhaus GmbH, Germany
- Roger Wilson, SPAEN
The report was endorsed by:
- Sarcoma Patients EuroNet (SPAEN)
- Info Sarcomes (France)