Join The Health Policy Partnership (HPP) on 22 November at 13.00 GMT / 14.00 CET for a webinar where we’ll be joined by leading experts to discuss how to seek increased political commitment and long-term investment in CVD from governments.
CVD is a leading cause of death and morbidity in Europe, and a major driver of why – despite living longer – people are not always living healthier lives. A significant proportion of CVD-related events and deaths are preventable, yet not enough is being done by governments to act on this.
Over the past year, HPP has sought to support the CVD community by gathering insights from prominent national cardiovascular plans from around the world, and by exploring the evidence linking CVD and three major societal priorities: economic growth in the context of healthy ageing, recovery from COVID-19, and reducing health inequalities.
The webinar will consist of two moderated discussions with speakers from the CVD and wider societal communities, including:
- Dr Jane Barratt, Secretary General, International Federation on Ageing
- Birgit Beger, CEO, European Heart Network
- Professor Héctor Bueno, Scientific Coordinator of the Spanish Cardiovascular Health Strategy
- Professor Huon Gray CBE, Former National Clinical Director for Heart Disease, NHS England
- James Kennedy, Director of Public Affairs, European Society of Cardiology
- Professor Fausto Pinto, President, World Heart Federation
- Christopher Thomas, Head of the Commission on Health and Prosperity, IPPR
- Ben Richardson, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Carnall Farrar
- Dr Veena Raleigh, Senior Fellow, The King’s Fund
We will also be launching our action statement: a tool for national CVD advocates containing key policy recommendations for governments, which has been endorsed by several key organisations.
We hope you can join us for this event.
Find out more about the Thought Leadership Forum on Cardiovascular Disease and download our resources, here.