About this project
The Sarcoma Policy Checklist was created as a tool to help policymakers improve access to high quality information, care and treatment for sarcoma patients across Europe. It was developed by the Sarcoma Policy Checklist Group of Experts, which consists of leading patient, clinical and industry representatives on sarcoma. The checklist describes five key areas where policymakers may focus their efforts to make the most impact on care for patients:
- Designated and accredited centres of reference for sarcoma in each country
- Greater professional training for all health care professionals involved in sarcoma care
- A multidisciplinary approach to care for every patient with sarcoma
- Greater incentives for research and innovation
- More rapid access to effective treatments.
The checklist also aims to help European countries learn from each other, by examining how the policy recommendations across the five priority areas are implemented in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
The infographic and report can be downloaded in the following languages:
- English – Report and Infographic
- French – Report and Infographic
- German – Report and Infographic
- Italian – Report and Infographic
- Spanish – Report and Infographic
In April 2018, the expert group developed the work into a peer-reviewed article, published in BMC Cancer.