What we’ve achieved
HPP was commissioned by the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA) to research and develop a report and policy framework to support policymakers in implementing a life-course approach to immunisation.
Through desk research and interviews with experts in six countries (Australia, Brazil, France, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States), we identified five components of an effective life-course immunisation policy:
- comprehensive immunisation programme that supports vaccine availability
- public demand for immunisation
- engaged healthcare professionals
- multidisciplinary and cross-sectoral coordination
- robust data informing policies and programmes.
We then assessed the progress of each country against the five components. The report includes 15 case studies and six country profiles to demonstrate examples of best practice and lessons which can be applied in other contexts.
The report is accompanied by an infographic. Both were launched in September 2019 to coincide with the European Commission’s Global Vaccination Summit.